MedTV is a closed-circuit TV system used for broadcasting events and announcements important to students, staff, and faculty on the medical school campus.
In addition, MedTV is a vital node on the IUPUI / IU emergency communications network.
Before submitting events or announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org, please read the MedTV and content guidelines listed here.
IU Communications serves as the clearinghouse for messages to be placed on the MedTV system. IUC reviews, revises and edits content prior to posting it on the system and reserves the right to reject or cancel content announcements at any time, for any reason, including appropriateness of content, length and availability of space or time on the display system.
Announcements with grammatical and spelling errors may be rejected.
Accuracy of posted information is the responsibility of the person, group or office submitting content.
Acceptable types of messages include:
- Announcements about IUSM activities and events
- Important dates and deadlines related to the academic calendar
- Congratulations to organizations and/or individuals for awards and honors
- Important weather and national news updates
- Internal marketing of specific programs of interest to the IUSM community
- Welcome messages to visitors and prospective students
- Requests must be submitted one week prior to the requested posting date. Send to email@example.com.
- IU Communications will notify you once your submission is in queue.
- The announcement will go live on the MedTV system at the requested posting date or as soon as room on the system permits.
You may submit announcements as PowerPoint slides (.PPT files) or as image files (PNG or JPG). You may also submit an announcement as text in an email message. PowerPoint is the preferred format.
Limit notices to 50 words. Be sure to provide all relevant information, including:
- Event title, description, date, time and location
- Contact information
- Web site URL for more information
- Posting start and end date for announcement
- Locations you would like the announcement posted (see below)
- Use a minimum font size of 24pt for text.
- PowerPoint and image files must have an aspect ratio of 4:3 (minimum 800px x 600px).
- Use contrasting colors (for example, light text on a dark background, or vice versa).
- Use high-resolution photography.
- Do not stretch, skew, or otherwise distort the aspect ratio of images.
- Do not include the medical school or internal logos on announcements. (MedTV's template already includes the IUSM logo.)
- Avoid using clip art.
Video Clips on MedTV
- 30-second video clips are acceptable
- Caption audio, if possible
- Video formats accepted: SWF, WMV, MPG, MPEG, AVI, ASF
- Daly Student Center
- VanNuy Medical Science Building corridor/lounge (old section) and atrium (near the Chihuly statue)
- Research II (R2) Building
- Walther Hall (R3) - two displays
- Cancer Research Institute (aka R4 or Wells Center)
- Health Information and Translational Science (HITS) building - two displays
- Gatch Hall (formerly the Clinical Building)
- Fesler Hall