Social media. Working with the IUSM Professionalism Committee, the Office of Public & Media Relations helped develop a set of social media guidelines for medical students and residents. In addition, we have a specific set of guidelines for our Tour the Life bloggers.
- Guidelines for use of online social networks for medical students and physicians-in-training
- Student blogger guidelines 2.01
Web development. The web team manages the school-wide web content management system (CMS). Anyone affiliated with the medical school may request a site. For details, contact Marti LaChance. Web CMS users must agree to the IUSM web development Terms of Service.
- IUSM web user policy, also known as the IUSM web user Terms of Service agreement
The Web Advisory Committee meets twice a year to discuss important trends and projects underway at the medical school.
Web design. In May of 2006, the IU School of Medicine instituted a requirement that school-affiliated web sites adopt a similar web design template.
- Read the rationale for the requirements and the definition of "affiliated" sites in this policy statement.
The template for IU Medicine websites is available from the Office of Public & Media Relations.
- For questions regarding school web publishing policies, contact Cindy Miller, Director, Public Relations & Campus Initiatives, IU Communications.
- For questions regarding the IUSM Web template, contact Jeramy Spurgeon, New Media Developer, IU Communications.
Read the school's policy on online communities Online Community Policy Sample 1-11-06.doc.
Last updated July 2010